Can Employers do this ?

Jobs agency, jobs lists online.

Can Employers do this ?

Postby Adrienne » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Can Employers do this ?
Saw this in ad this morning and thought what if someone is willing to drive regardless of the distance, this employer is limiting himself in the long run. Posted partial ad below Speaking, reading, and writing fluent, business Korean a plus but not required. Requirements (PLEASE FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!): -DO NOT SUBMIT COVER LETTER/RESUME IF YOU LIVE MORE THAN 30 MINUTES AWAY FROM TORRANCE, CA (SOUTH BAY) AREA.
Adrienne

Re: Can Employers do this ?

Postby Stanislaw » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:02 pm

of course they can.
"geographiy undesirable" is not a protected class. they are playing the odds that more often than not, someone farther away from the office will have more attendance problems than someone who is closer
Stanislaw

Postby Alvaro » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:57 am

What if you need to be on ?
Think about that if you live two hours away and cannot come in when the boss needs you. The best thing you can do is tell him that you are willing to relocate
Alvaro

Postby Jackie » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:30 am

Good Point
I was just curious for the most part. But thanks you have a good point. I know a couple of friends who drive every day from Hemet to Anaheim for work. Another guy who drives up from san diego every day to orange county for work and another one who drives up to OC for work but stays at a motel during the week and then on fridays goes home for the weekend in san diego and one friend who lives in corona who takes the train to burbank every day for work. <BR
Jackie

Postby mcgaw » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:46 pm

why dont i have good point?
my point encompasses EVERY point about being located far away from a job
mcgaw

Return to Jobs board online