Unemployment vs. Minimum Wage

If you looking for job post your CURRICULUM VITAE here, and maybe we will offer you a job.

Postby Minni » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:31 am

I am recently unemployed and am eligible for the unemployment max ($*** a week). I was offered to interview for a job that pays $30K a year (full-time). I used to make $90K for the last 10 years. I have a mortgage, a wife and 4 younger children. Assuming I interviewed and got the job, am I better off sticking with unemployment and dedicate full time finding work that may pay more and which I am qualified for or do I take a full time job that is barely above minimum wage, which will definitely limit my time in seeking better employment? Also, if hired, how can I take time off to interview for "better" jobs if the opportunity comes? I don't want to come across as taking advantage of the system, but if you think about the taxes they take out of paychecks, I will actually take home about the same amount as unemployment. Should I go for it or should I use my valuable time searching for a job that may pay more?
Minni

Return to Work needs