Tips for Job Seekers

Here you will find topics how to work from home and make money online.

Tips for Job Seekers

Postby zhongmin » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:26 am

Tips for Job Seekers
I would like to share a couple of tips to everyone applying for jobs via . As a manager who will post jobs and receive emails from , I am amazed at the lack of professionalism in emails. Remember, you want the manager to want to give you a after reading your email and reviewing your resume. It is always best to attach an MSWord version of your resume, do not copy/past into the body of an email. I for one will delete emails without an attachment. Save your resume as John Doe Resume 3-10-2010; if possible, sign up for a free email account (yahoo, gmail, hotmail) and create an email for your job search that is tied to your name (ie. The cutsy emails aren't always best when applying for jobs. Don't assume that the person receiving the email knows which job you are applying for - include a short introduction in the body of your email about who you are and what position you are applying for (3 or 4 sentences). Do not send your email to multiple postings, take the time to make a personalized email for the jobs you are applying for...or at the very least, BC all you are sending to. For example...I receive multiple emails and the person has copied about 20 other jobs on the email and these too will end up deleted. With so many people looking for jobs, you want to be the one who stands out to the manager. Give him/her a reason to you. Be professional. Hopefully these tips will help some get a response from their application.
zhongmin

Re: Tips for Job Seekers

Postby ellerbe » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:30 pm

Lesson #1 - Proof Read
Look over your resume/email/cover letter before sending or have someone else review the documents for spelling/grammar mistakes. For example, in my post above, there is an error in spelling. Depending on the job your applying for, this may be a reason as to why your email/resume is deleted and not reviewed any further
ellerbe

Return to Work from home