Before you interview, look up employer on

Here you will find topics how to work from home and make money online.

Postby Carolyne » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:54 am

the internet. Be especially wary of those who are identified by one name by your er, yet their real name is something else.
Legal secretary job hunters in Century City, beware!
Carolyne

Re: Before you interview, look up employer on

Postby bacorn » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:52 am

I'm not clicking on your link due to caution,
but I always look for a local area brick and mortar location before even applying. It's disgusting how many times things have been posted, particularly on CL with "companies" that do not exist or do not exist in this part of the country. A while ago I saw an ad that listed a business that seemed to have a location in Toronto, but no presence at all in the Seattle area. Here's another tip. If something looks like it maybe legit, but they haven't posted a company name at all, use a different email with a good spam filter and email for the company name, business email, etc. before sending any info. I just did that in reply to a "blind" ad. There are so many scammers out to make a buck off the already unfortunate these days it's truly disheartening
bacorn

Postby Janusz » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:34 am

Jeezo, This Website Has Nothing 2 Do w/Employers
It is a sensationalism website about Michael Jackson, a '2nd Amendment revolution', self defense, etc., etc. I saw nothing there about checking on employers and/or confirming employer ID. pf
Janusz

Postby sumida » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:55 am

I don't care about that garbage, however, I DID
discover, just as I'd thought, that the ad I saw was yet another SCAM. Here's the result. My email is below. Here's what I got back. Remember; I send NO CV or personal info.: From: Office Staffing (myoffice***** We've taken some time to look through the applications. And we've decided we'd love to have you as a part of our team! We'd like you to come in sometime before the end of the week for a face-to-face interview. This is for our ****** ******** postion (sic), with compensation starting at $xx,xxx/year plus a benefit package which includes health, medical, and dental after 60 days. We are REQUIRED to run credit and background checks on all our employees, due to the nature of the work and also due to sensitive documents and materials that will be easily accessable (sic) to you. The credit check can be done now via this link:
It's free, no worries. We are also not judging your score, like I previously said, this is just a security requirement. After you have taken the credit check, send us the confirmation code via e-mail, and we'll set up an interview right away. We do not want to see any sensitive or private info via e-mail and the background check will be taken at our face-to-face interview. For any questions, feel free to e-mail me. I am looking forward to speaking with you in person! Rochelle Romano -----Original Message----- >To: >Subject: Job Title > > >To Whom it May Concern: >I have many years of experience as xxxxx and xxxxx, and in performing the functions you list in your employment notice, however, your notice does not mention the name or nature of business of your organization. >I hope you will understand my hesitance in sending a resume to a blind box in an age of Internet phishing. If you would please reply with a business email address, I would be glad to forward my information. I assure you that I will not or otherwise contact your organization, other than to apply. Thank you. Potential applicant Well, folks, don't fall for people like "Rochelle" or her ilk! Have a good afternoon/evening
sumida

Postby Irene » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:29 am

P.S. I hit something or other when copying the
text of the email and disappeared it. How do I get it back to report it as a phishing scheme? Anybody
Irene

Return to Work from home