I was on top, now I need your help...

Here you can offer jobs for our forum members and visitors.

Postby Okan » Sat May 07, 2011 12:35 pm

After years at a large company (I shall not name names here) I was suddenly and unfairly forced to resign. Now I have to look for another job. I havn't had to design a resume in decades! I sent out an old resume and this is what I got back from them: "Dear PATRICIA DUNN: Thank you for your interest in the DHS. Your resume has been received and will be matched against any of our open positions" Does this mean they'll match me soon and give me a job? I used to do admin work back in the 70s. Maybe they'll hire me for that. I also have experience as chairman, although I thought I should 'dumb down' my resume for now. Thanks for any advice... P.Dunn
Okan

Re: I was on top, now I need your help...

Postby Gussi » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:46 am

Hang in there
Know what you mean, after 20 years I suddenly found myself back out there looking for a job. Todays job market is totally different. A good 'one stop shop' resource is: MSN.com --- click on Careers & Jobs (topic listing on the top of the screen under Welcome) Click on Articles & Advice (left hand column under Home, last topic) A drop down menu will pop up; from there pick your topic and you will go to a screen that has scads of article links. Good luck
Gussi

Postby Ursuline » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:32 am

Dude, you've been HP trolled
Ursuline

Postby schuchman » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:51 pm

You've been trolled
schuchman

Postby Annabell » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:40 pm

Don't worry. Your heart was in the right place.
Not your fault this place is full of trolling tards. <BR
Annabell

Postby Karil » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:49 am

Going from exec to admin asst at age 55?
Something odd, here... - Won't name the company, but you name yourself - DUH! - "forced to resign"... what, had to leave before they pressed charges? - Worked as chairman, but desperate for work now, even as an admin assistant. Bullshit. What, no golden parachute? Too dumb to let them fire you so you can file EDD? If you really were an exec, why isn't any of that money socked away in investments, stock options, etc, etc.? dumbed-down resume? This whole post is enough evidence of that. You're not smart enough to know where to find resume templates, but you're clever enough (and on CL long enough) to mask your name on the forum posting? Bullshit. <BR
Karil

Postby Carlee » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:17 pm

damfino, Jett.
For some, it's a weekend-frivolity mischief temperament, for others, being an anonymous jerk allows them to be a bully. In this case, it was more of a mischief / satire, regarding HP's Patty Dunn (good catch, Trebor!), but sometimes it's a lot more malicious. I flagged some asshole last night who posted an item saying he wanted to meet another guy so they could "go out and rape girls", giving a street location and time. Flagged it for misconduct, citing solicitation for a crime. It was yanked within an hour so, yes, CL does check these things. I hope they also yanked his account, too
Carlee

Postby otterbein » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:36 am

Patricia Dunn is the HP Chair of the Board
who has promised to resign in light of the "pretexting" scandal, in which private investigators hired by HP impersonated people to obtain their phone and other records. <BR
otterbein

Postby phinney » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:53 am

Dunn is gone now
They got rid of Dunn last Friday, as well firing several others.

/ </A
phinney

Postby Hiroshi » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:19 am

To find the source of press leaks.
And they found it, but the guy would not resign at first
Hiroshi

Next

Return to Offer job online