Really?? I hate searching for a job..

Here you can offer jobs for our forum members and visitors.

Postby Ainsley » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:46 am

Ok, seriously.... I just need to rant. I am sure there are many people who have it worse than I do, but I need to get this off my chest and my friends are sick of hearing about it. I have 10 years of job experience in several fields, including marketing, sales, and human resources. I also have an undergrad degree in marketing and management, as well as my MBA. I am 29, in decent shape and a people person. I was laid off in March due to an acquisition. Since then, I have been networking with everyone I know in the industries I have worked for, as well as friends and family. I have applied to about *** jobs...I have had one interview since March 1st. I have had 3 phone interviews. Of these, I haven't gotten a job offer. Reasons range from me being over-qualified to not feeling they can pay me what they feel I am worth. I have spoken with a headhunter who says they can't help me because I don't have enough experience to be an executive, even though I was at my last job. They also won't help me place for mid-level jobs because they feel I won't be happy at that level and the pay won't be enough... So what do I do? Should I lie on my resume and take out the MBA and understate what I made at my last job so I can at least get to the interview/job offer stage? Or do I say what the crap because I worked my way through school and have an MBA and 10 years of experience and can't afford a minimum wage job (and I don't have a fancy lifestyle at all)... I make more on unemployment than what most of the jobs pay. Seriously, I thought I busted my ass so I would have a better chance of finding a job if needed...now almost 4 months into it and nothing, with nothing on the horizon. I would run away if I didn't have a child, sheesh!
Ainsley

Re: Really?? I hate searching for a job..

Postby Bogdan » Wed May 11, 2011 2:00 am

now i don't feel so bad
i've been out of work for a couple years now. i thought it was because i wasn't skilled enough. listening to your story, how you talked about all the experience, i've realized that the economy is really bad which brings up another question. why does my livelihood rely on other peoples mistakes? i didn't crash the market. i didn't invest billions in a war why can't i support myself? this country really needs to change
Bogdan

Postby eure » Mon May 16, 2011 10:01 am

well, people will always buy good food
a lot of americas biggest food companies are in trouble for selling bad / unhealthy products. by bad i mean infected with deadly diseases. i would open my own business and sell good food if i had the chance
eure

Postby Leo » Tue May 24, 2011 12:31 pm

Barriers to Entry
The problem with going into food are the high barriers to entry, i.e. upfront cost to build the product, any necessary FDA testing, packaging, etc... not to mention finding shelves etc... in grocery stores. I believe I have good ideas on starting businesses, but not the resources or funding necessary
Leo

Postby Juditha » Sat May 28, 2011 12:51 am

I am so with you on this one.
If I had the money, I'd be growing and selling organic fruit and vegetables. Instead, I am stuck looking for an office job
Juditha

Postby Ray » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:01 am

hate job searching
welcome to my world, but stick with it hopefully the economy will pick up soon and you will earn a descent wage
Ray

Postby Didani » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:23 pm

Been out of work 99 weeks
this week. I've been looking and looking and looking. I don't get any s. One recruiter said that the gap in my resume is too large that my skills are not fresh anymore
Didani

Postby freeman » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:08 pm

tell him to fuck off and keep at it
freeman

Postby Luciano » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:46 am

that's just an excuse not to hire you
these recruiters act like we are 70 and havents worked in 20 years what i would do to prove that your skills are fresh is get certified
Luciano

Postby Angelie » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:36 am

So sick of school
I actually got one of those voucher's that Microsoft gave away for free in CA. Got home, logged in and couldn't stand the format. It's all memorization. Oh, it was for Office ***. I'm actually working with a few recruiters that don't think I'm 70 and haven't worked in 20 years :) It's just the job market
Angelie

Next

Return to Offer job online